A new class on watercolor techniques is now available on Skillshare.
Watercolor: Painting an Origami Peace Crane
In this class you will follow a detailed step-by-step process to paint an origami peace crane. This will be a painting that you can scan and easily turn into a greeting card!
In following along you will learn or practice several watercolor techniques such as:
• How to trace a drawing on to watercolor paper.
• How to create flat and graded washes.
• How to work with transparent layers.
• How to paint from light to dark colors.
• How to preserve the white of the paper to create highlights.
This class is designed for both people who are new to watercolor and people who have had experience with this technique. At the end of the class you will have enhanced your art technique and vocabulary for application to creative projects.
• Are you a premium Skillshare member? CLICK HERE to enroll in this class.
• Are you NEW to Skillshare? CLICK HERE and you will get 3 months of Skillshare Premium for only $0.99! This will give you unlimited access to my class and hundreds of other fantastic online courses.
Materials Needed for this Class
1. 140 lb cold press watercolor paper about 12 x 9 Inches (30 x 23 cm).
2. Artist tape and board (optional)
3. Watercolor paints: approximately 12 basic colors* (tube or pan set)4
4. Two containers of water
5. Small cloth towel; paper towels.
6. Round watercolor brushes: #0 (extra small -optional); #2 (small); #5 or #6 (medium); #10-12 (large)
7. Soft and hard pencils and eraser (kneaded rubber eraser, preferable)
8. Small water spray bottle