As the month moves along, we’ve had a lot of fun with the warm reactions we have received via Instagram as I have shared this anniversary watercolor project with you all. Thank you for your good wishes!
In case you have not been following, this is what the project is about: To celebrate our 30th-wedding anniversary this month, John Sutton and I are doing something special each day. It might be as simple and spontaneous as lighting a candle on our dinner table, but it’s always with the intention of expressing gratitude for each other.
In my sketchbook, I made a grid with 30 squares and have been filling it with quick watercolor icons representing what we have done each day.
- Days 1-9 HERE
- Days 10-14 HERE
- Day 15: Enjoyed latte art hearts for breakfast.
- Day 16: Exchanged presents. In a blog post, I shared a lovely moment of synchronicity related to our mutual gifts.
- Day 17: Went for a bike ride together.
- Day 18: John refinished our dining room table. We placed a vase of peonies from our garden.
- Day 19: Watched the sunset together.
- Day 20: Bought new shirts for both of us.
- Day 21: Got up early to see the sunrise and celebrate the summer solstice.
- Day 22: Champagne toast with our dear friends Andy and Vicki.
- Day 23: A walk in the rain, under an umbrella, after dinner.
- Day 24: Enjoyed green tea ice cream before going to see a movie, “Paris Can Wait” Day 25: Admired the lovely dogwood flowers of our neighbor’s tree.
- Day 26: Picked organic strawberries at Clear Brook Farm. Tick check after being in the strawberry fields. Found one!
- Day 27: Drove in our 16-year-old VW car, with our neighbor Tom, to a dinner and celebration of our 20 years of friendship with him. Tom’s treat!
- Days 28-30 HERE
Here are close-up photos of the watercolor icons
Follow me on Instagram too!
You might be inspired to do a project like this. If you do, by all means, post it, come back and share with us.
Check out the other posts related to this project
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –1 of 4 (days 1-9)
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –2 of 4 (days 10-14)
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –4 of 4 (Days 28-30)