As the month moves along, we’ve had a lot of fun with the warm reactions we have received via Instagram as I have shared this anniversary watercolor project with you all. Thank you for your good wishes!
In case you have not been following, this is what the project is about: To celebrate our 30th-wedding anniversary this month, John Sutton and I are doing something special each day. It might be as simple and spontaneous as lighting a candle on our dinner table, but it’s always with the intention of expressing gratitude for each other.
In my sketchbook, I made a grid with 30 squares and have been filling it with quick watercolor icons representing what we have done each day.
- Days 1-9 HERE
- Days 10-14 HERE
- Day 15: Enjoyed latte art hearts for breakfast.
- Day 16: Exchanged presents. In a blog post, I shared a lovely moment of synchronicity related to our mutual gifts.
- Day 17: Went for a bike ride together.
- Day 18: John refinished our dining room table. We placed a vase of peonies from our garden.
- Day 19: Watched the sunset together.
- Day 20: Bought new shirts for both of us.
- Day 21: Got up early to see the sunrise and celebrate the summer solstice.
- Day 22: Champagne toast with our dear friends Andy and Vicki.
- Day 23: A walk in the rain, under an umbrella, after dinner.
- Day 24: Enjoyed green tea ice cream before going to see a movie, “Paris Can Wait” Day 25: Admired the lovely dogwood flowers of our neighbor’s tree.
- Day 26: Picked organic strawberries at Clear Brook Farm. Tick check after being in the strawberry fields. Found one!
- Day 27: Drove in our 16-year-old VW car, with our neighbor Tom, to a dinner and celebration of our 20 years of friendship with him. Tom’s treat!
- Days 28-30 HERE
Here are close-up photos of the watercolor icons
Follow me on Instagram too!
You might be inspired to do a project like this. If you do, by all means, post it, come back and share with us.
Check out the other posts related to this project
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –1 of 4 (days 1-9)
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –2 of 4 (days 10-14)
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –4 of 4 (Days 28-30)
Hi, Leyla! I enjoyed your illustrations from the beginning till the end. I love your style of watercolor…. so soft, delicate and charming. I also enjoyed reading the story about your missing earring… your love story is so inspiring and it made me smile. Thank you for sharing such wonderful memories!
Hi, Elisa. I’m happy you liked the illustrations. I share them in the spirit of friendship and in the hope they can serve as inspiration for creative projects. Thank you for visiting!