Do 30 years of marriage sound like a long time to you? To me, it has been like a happy blink!
To celebrate our anniversary this month my husband, John Sutton, and I are doing something special each day.
It might be as simple and spontaneous as lighting a candle on our dinner table, but it’s always with the intention of expressing gratitude for each other.
In my watercolor sketchbook, I made a grid with 30 squares and have been filling it with quick watercolor icons representing what we have done each day so far.
- Day 1: Flowers on our dinner table.
- Day 2: Got petunias for our garden.
- Day 3: Had lunch on the patio.
- Day 4: Drove to Lake George.
- Day 5: Bought a new mat for the sink.
- Day 6: Recalled memories by looking at old photos.
- Day 7: Fresh flowers for our dinner table.
- Day 8: Planted marigolds and nasturtiums in the garden.
- Day 9: Visited the National Museum of Horse Racing in Saratoga Springs.
- Days 10-14 HERE
Here is a close-up photo of the small watercolor icons
Follow me on Instagram too!
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –2 of 4 (Days 10-14)
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –3 of 4 (Days 15-27)
- Watercolor Sketchbook Project: Anniversary Celebration –4 of 4 (Days 28-30)